Because of Third's generosity, the team will be bringing supplies to El Salvador that will result in thanksgiving to God.
Our 11 teammates will be bringing at least an additional 650 pounds of donations to El Salvador. We packed those extra 16 checked bags and made all the arrangements to make sure we were out the door by 4:30 am this morning to clear RVA customs in order to make our 7:15 am flight.
The team is excited, prepared, and slightly anxious about it all but we are confident that God has called us and has opened the door for us.
For 6 of us, this will be our first missions trip!
Thanks for your prayers!
Catherine B, Tom B, Ben B, Sarah L, Katie N, Patty R, Jerry R, Andi R, Brian R, Grey R, and Susie W.
Here are some of the supplies that are going with us!
- ESL Training Materials
- Teacher Equipping materials and supplies for students
- 4 chalks in three packages
- 660 crayons in 24 packages
- 200 flashcards in four packages.
- 16 washable markers in two packages.
- Five jump ropes.
- 4 dolls.
- Two packages of stretch lace.
- 12 bubbles
- 19 hot wheel cars
- 11 sponge cars
- 40 pencils in four packs.
- Two highlighters in one package
- Two packages of 200 filler paper.
- 25 activity/coloring books.
- One composition book.
- A few miscellaneous toys.
- Lots of new and gently used clothes
- Three boxes of medical supplies such as Band-Aids, hand sanitizers, pillboxes, wipes, laceration trays, and surgical stuff.
- 10 discipleship essentials books for SOI staff.
- One Eball.
- Two soccer balls.
- Box of tennis balls.
- Box of baseballs
- Soccer cleats