On April 14-15, we held a global mission conference at Third Church called People on the Move, focusing on the plight of the millions of refugees around the world. Whether you were able to join us or not, below are a few ways you could follow up with next steps.
Books for Adults
- A Better Country: Embracing the Refugees in Our Midst by Cindy M. Wu
- Seeking Refuge: On the Shores of the Global Refugee Crisis by Stephan Bauman
Books for Kids
- The Journey by Francesca Sanna
- Stepping Stones: a Refugee Family’s Journey by Margriet Ruurs
- Brothers in Hope: The Story of the Lost Boys of Sudan by Mary Williams,
- Refugees and Migrants (Children in Our World) by Ceri Roberts.
Frontier Global Mission has a full day Global Tour of Richmond showing different areas of Richmond where different ethnicities and refugee communities live.
- Reestablish Richmond is partnering with the Tuckahoe YMCA for a World Refugee Day Community Resource Fair on June 18.
- Other places to serve: CrossOver Clinic (our mission partner), Church World Service, International Rescue Committee, Catholic Charities.
For more information about any of these opportunities, contact our Pastor of Mission, LJ Jaworski.