Needle’s Eye Ministries, Inc. is an interdenominational organization whose aim is to see the Richmond marketplace transformed through Christians living out their faith at work.
Buddy Childress founded Needle’s Eye in 1977, with a vision of turning the work week into a place of care, ethics and ministry. Decades later, Needle’s Eye provides resources to thousands of professionals, inspiring and equipping Christians to become a source of hope and light at work, at home and around Richmond.
The Needle’s Eye mission is “Connecting marketplace men and women to life-changing faith in Jesus–encouraging them to impact their workplaces and our community with his values, ethics, and love.”
Their strategy is to work with individuals, small groups and wider professional groups to:
- Provide biblical teaching.
- Support and build vibrant small groups through mentoring, counseling, and training.
- Facilitate networking that brings tangible benefits to men and women in career transition.
- Equip young professionals with resources to find their identity, calling, and purpose.
- Share the Good News of what God is doing in the workplace.
- Promote the concept of marketplace ministry in partnership with local churches.
Individuals in nearly sixty small groups meet regularly for Bible study, prayer, and community in order to focus on bringing the light of Christ into their workplaces. The composition of these groups is male, female, coed, career transition, young professionals, prime professionals, “Second Half,” and Christian Presidents Groups (CEOs, presidents, and business owners).