The Jobs for Life Training Program is a 12-week, relationship-centered jobs training program. Each student is teamed with a Champion who will walk through the class and the months following as they journey from unemployment to employment, or from underemployment to better employment. Our teachers are business leaders who will interact closely with each student, providing practical job preparation training focused on character development, good work behavior, communication, and interview skills.
Our Winter class kicks off Monday, February 27!
WHEN AND WHERE:
February 27 - May 22
6:00 - 8:30 p.m. | Fellowship Hall
Graduation: May 25
HOW TO BE INVOLVED:
- Champion: Walk alongside a student as a mentor throughout the 12-week class.
- Childcare: Volunteer to provide childcare for the children of the students during class times.
- Meals: Sharing dinner is a vital part of how we build community during the class. Volunteer to make and serve dinner. A great opportunity for families, small groups, or other ministry teams.
- Business Leaders: There are many opportunities for business leaders to come and serve the class, by sharing their expertise, being a part of a panel, helping provide for the cost of the class, or even participating in mock interviews.
- Teachers: Jobs For Life provides a robust, Gospel-centered curriculum, that volunteer instructors utilize in the teaching of each class.
Want to learn more about the Jobs for Life organization, visit their website.