A new ministry at Third aimed at captivating hearts and building community to respond to God's call to care for orphans, foster children, and their families.
WHO WE ARE:
Forgotten No More is a growing part of your Third family. Some of us have adopted. Some of us have fostered. Others of us support those who do. We care about the needs of those who have been forgotten. Orphans. Birth mothers. Broken families. Foster children. Foster families. Social workers. Please join us in responding to God's call to care, one child at a time.
WHAT WE DO:
Forgotten No More will seek to support the orphan community by Community Partnering and Wrap-Around.
COMMUNITY PARTNERING: The Richmond community is already at work caring for children in need. We desire to care for the families of our communities and those who work on their behalf by encouraging and collaborating with our local department of Social Services:
- Encourage families to train to become foster parents for short-term, respite or emergency foster care situations.
- Participate in a Ministry of Encouragement to DSS workers
- Collaborate with Henrico DSS in providing parenting classes
WRAP-AROUND: The journey of caring for children from hard places is rewarding and beautiful, but can also be challenging and exhausting. We desire to wrap around families as they respond to God's call to care for the needs of the orphan. Some of the ways we can show our love and support:
- Family Mentors / Shepherding Team - local team provides prayer, encouragement and support
- Welcome Home Kit - resources and contacts to support caring for children including medical and emotional
- Practical Needs - provide meals, errands, babysitting, pet care, yard work, language translation
- Financial Assistance