Based on our core Beliefs & Values, Third Church is committed to helping you live out your faith in community. There are Adult Classes and events you can join. We also encourage you to explore the Discipleship Triangle as a guide to help you establish a pattern of healthy spiritual growth and deeper connection to God and others.
The Discipleship Triangle
Growing Deeper in God’s Word
2 Peter 1:3-4; 2 Timothy 3:16-17
• Bible Study
• Doctrine: What and Why You Believe
• Action: Obedience
Abiding in Christ
• Devotional Bible Reading
Discovering/Using Spiritual Gifts
I Peter 4:10-11
“The Great Commission”
It Affects Every Part of the Discipleship Triangle as Our Ultimate Purpose: Disciple-Making
Discipleship as Life in the Body of Christ
Another way to think about (and check on the health of) discipleship is to consider the various activities we engage in as members of the Church--both local and around the world, today and throughout the ages.
Worship - The greatest commandment is to love God with all your heart. (Matt. 22:37)
- I will attend a Sunday service where I can praise and worship God.
Discipleship - Christians are meant to grow in the likeness of Christ. (Rom. 8:29
- I will spend time in prayer and Bible study each day, and I will get involved in a Sunday School or small group.
Fellowship - Christians are meant to live in relationship to other Christians. (Phil. 1:3)
- I will seek to be involved in a small group each year.
Service - Every Christian has been given gift(s) for building the Church. (I Cor. 12;7)
- I will use my spiritual gifts to serve God at Third, in Richmond and the world.
Evangelism / Witnessing - Every Christian is called to share the gospel. (Matt. 28:19-20)
- I will share my faith with others.