Wondering how to get the word out about your ministry or event at Third? Here's our guide for how we resource our time, capacity and communication tools to help spread messages around the church.
Emphasis Levels: Each event or ministry is categorized into one of the following buckets. Emphasis level does not equal value, but helps us as a staff resource our time and skills appropriately.
LEVEL ONE: Support
Events that affect 80% of the audience (church-wide and "all-church" events). Also includes critical church initiatives (ex. Newcomers Class) and high-priority ministry partners. This level receives publicity in the following ways:
- Platform announcements: up to 3 weeks
- Bulletin announcements: up to 3 weeks
- Featured on main page of website and social media
- Custom graphics and media in/around church
- Featured in monthly newsletter (1/2 - 1 full page)
Examples: Stop Hunger Now, VBS, Newcomer's Class
Deadline to submit information: Submit requests for promotion 6 weeks in advance of event promotion kickoff
LEVEL TWO: Catalyze
Mid-sized events that affect a large group, but not 80% of the audience (bigger ministry specific events). This includes higher-priority events from our mission partners. This level receives publicity in these ways:
- Platform Announcement: 1 week
- Bulletin announcement: between 2-3 weeks
- Unique events page on the website with event info and registration details
- Social Media
- E-blasts and optional blog post (written by Ministry Head/volunteer)
- Described in monthly newsletter the month before the event (1/4 - 1/2 page)
- Custom graphics and media, as time and capacity allows
Examples: Youth Events, Ministry Dinners, Mission Partner serving opportunities
Deadline to submit information: Submit requests for promotion 4 weeks in advance of event promotion kickoff
LEVEL THREE: Bless
Niche groups, outside events, and new or small volume events. This level receives publicity in these ways:
- Personal invites
- Third Family Facebook
- Listed in Third Press, as room allows (max. 1/3 page)
Examples: Circle group, personal ministry initiatives (unofficial Third partnership)
Deadline to submit information: Submit requests for promotion 2 weeks in advance of event promotion kickoff
Ready to submit your event or ministry for promotion or an announcement?
Submitting to Third Press
Third Press is the place where we celebrate and share what’s happened within the Third family, Third ministries, and with our ministry partners. We welcome submissions such as essay reflections, updates, and news and events of our ministries and ministry partners.
Please send your news, announcements, or reflective essays to Becca Payne by the second Friday of the month for review and submission into the next month’s newsletter.
All stories and submissions are subject to review and editing by the Communications team.
Questions? Having trouble figuring our where your event falls? Get in touch with Becca Payne.